Highway Africa, together with the Partnership for Social Accountability (PSA) Alliance, invites journalists in Southern Africa to apply for the inaugural Southern Africa Media Award in Social Accountability Reporting 2017.
The award recognises two journalists from the PSA Alliances’ project countries – Malawi, Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia – whose investigative reporting on social accountability contributes to improved public health and agriculture in the following categories:
· HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
· Food Security
Applications will be examined by a panel of media experts in the region and two winners will be awarded at the Highway Africa Conference to be held on 31 August – 1 September 2017. The award includes USD 250, plus travel and accommodation to the 2017 Highway Africa Conference.
Deadline for Submission
15 August 2017
· Applicants must be based in Malawi, Tanzania, Mozambique or Zambia.
· Work must be published between July 2016 and July 2017
· Print, Radio, TV, Multimedia and Photo journalism are admitted.
· If submitting multiple entries either in the same category or across multiple categories, complete an entry for each story. Maximum of two entries per applicant
How to apply
Candidates can submit their application on the button below
Partnership for Social Accountability Alliance is led by ActionAid International together with Public Service Accountability Monitor (PSAM), Eastern and Southern Africa Small Scale Farmers’ Forum (ESAFF), and SAfAIDS, and supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
For more information visit http://copsam.com/psa/. PSA is on Twitter and Facebook at @psaalliance