Be inspired by influential thinkers, like these speakers . Check these upcoming 2021 speakers.
Dr Sizwe Mabizela
Vice Chancellor, Rhodes University
Prof Anthea Garman
Head of school-Journalism & Media Studies, Rhodes University
Director, Highway Africa
International Policy Director at Stanford University’s Cyber
Policy Center and International Policy Fellow at Stanford’s Institute for Human-Centred Artificial Intelligence
Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
African writer and Professor of Comparative Literature and Performance Studies, University of California, Irvine.
Founder of Pan African TV channel (EbonyLife TV)
Director of the Technology, Media, and Communications specialization at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs
Dr Roukaya Kasenally
CEO of the African Media Initiative (AMI) and Associate Professor in Media and Political Systems at the University of Mauritius.
Discover the top topics
Learn from more than 20 sessions and training workshops across 11 session tracks.
- A critical look at the impact and future of platformisation in Africa
- Africa’s rising in the platform economy: A focus on creativity and innovation
- First hand testimonies of the impact of platformisation on African media
- Global platformisation’s lessons and solutions: Do they work in Africa?
- Datafication of the media: Opportunities and threats
- Harnessing Big Data by African media to improve journalism innovation
- Social Accountability Data Journalism Reporting Awards
- Big Tech and Data, Disinformation, Truth and Inertia
- Information Security and Journalism