Be inspired by over 20 speakers . Check these upcoming 2021 speakers.
Prof. Tawana Kupe
Academic and Vice Chancellor, University of Pretoria
Prof. Cameren Peter
Centre for Analytics and Social Change at UCT Business School, South Africa
Ms Marietje Schaake
International Policy Director, Stanford University
Prof. Zizi Papacharissi
Professor and Head of the Communication Department, University of Illinois-Chicago, USA
Dr Anya Schiffrin
Director, Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs
Dr Roukaya Kasenally
CEO, African Media Initiative (AMI) and Associate Professor in Media and Political Systems at the University of Mauritius
Mr Styli Charalambous
Publisher & CEO, Daily Maverick
Mr Bakari Muchumu
Executive Editor, MC & AG
Dr Nathan Geffen
Founder and Editor, Groundup
Discover the top topics
Learn from more than 10 sessions and research tracks.
- A critical look at the impact and future of platformisation in Africa
- Africa’s rising in the platform economy: A focus on creativity and innovation
- First hand testimonies of the impact of platformisation on African media
- Global platformisation’s lessons and solutions: Do they work in Africa?
- Datafication of the media: Opportunities and threats
- Harnessing Big Data by African media to improve journalism innovation
- Social Accountability Data Journalism Reporting Awards
- Big Tech and Data, Disinformation, Truth and Inertia
- Information Security and Journalism
Join the mailing list.
Stay in the loop on all things conference.